Friday, March 25, 2011

College Tours: Who/ What/ Wear

So Spring Break was last week, and I was of course touring colleges! (Gotta love junior year!).  I went up to Virginia, and just let me tell you it is BEAUTIFUL up there.  We passed through plantation country and it was to die for- honestly I may have found my true calling as a plantation owner.  I toured William & Mary, UVA, and Washington & Lee, and fell in love with two out of the three (feel free to guess).  However while on these tours I realized something very upsetting. Students on college tours do not dress well. I cannot begin to tell you how many people I saw following after the tour guides in stuffy, tight t-shirts with shoes lacking supports on their feet. There is no way they were comfortable, so I have decided that for those of you who do not know what to wear on college tours I will create a fall and spring guide :)

Spring: "Springtime the only pretty ring time"- William Shakespeare/ Willy Wonka

In the springtime wide legged jeans are the way to go!!  Pair dark bootleg denim with a sleeveless button down shirt and wear comfortable Sperrys.  You'll be comfortable, look cute, and best of all you may find your dream school :)








Fall: "Dear College, I am writing to inform you that I am rejecting your rejection letter.  Sincerely, see you in the fall"- Dear Blank Please Blank
In the fall, there is nothing like a soft, comfy sweater to keep you warm on a chilly day!  My suggestion? A heavy cable knit or soft cashmere sweater!  Throw on skinnies and flat boots (heels will kill you). Add a statemtnt necklace. You're gorgeous- now worry about getting in :)








Preppy Living Ya'll!
(PS- My Favorites were UVA and Washington and Lee)

No comments:

Post a Comment