Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Accessories and More!

Hi guys! So I've noticed that alot of my posts are about preppy accessories like scarves, and as much as I love my preppy clothing I honestly do think accessories make or break an outfit.  So today I present to you the preppy guide to accessorizing! 
       1. The Necklace:  A quintessential element of the wardrobe, the everyday necklace is a key piece of accessorizing.  In terms of a preppy necklace you have many options!  Pearls are of course the classic preppy option, but to be honest I prefer the look of pendants and simple monogrammed chokers.  For the more trendy (and funky!) preps out there I suggest anchor necklaces, animal necklaces, or even Tahitian black pearls :)
       2. The Bracelet: Now Im not a huge fan of bracelets.  Don't get me wrong, I think they're beautiful but for some reason I can never wear them as often as I like.  Probably because they tend to interfere with typing and writing!  However there are a couple bracelets that I feel fit into the preppy lifestyle, and that can be worn in everyday life.  Such bracelets include vintage bangles, charm  bracelets, and Pandora bracelets.  These are so wearable and preppy because they are classic, and therefore the foundation of a preppy lifestyle.
     3. The Ring:  Preppy rings are simple rings! Anything ostentatious (fake hot pink cocktail rings!!) and worn with something other than a little black dress at a party does not qualify as preppy.  However small rings with delicate detail are the perfect complement to any preppy wardrobe!
     4. Earrings: You can work almost any earrings into a preppy wardrobe so long as you don't try to be like Ke$ha and wear feathers or those weird spiky gel things for earrings.  Keep it classy and simple and your earrings have will go with anything :)
     5. The Belt:  Oh there is nothing better than a preppy belt.  My favorite preppy belt is my Lilly Pulitzer Men's belt, and believe it or not those belts will really fit girls so long as you buy them in a small size.  Another kind of cute belt is a grosgrain belt, or a Vineyard Vines patterned belt.  I love the way these belts look with a plain top, leave everything else simple and let your preppy belt be the center of your object.  in contrast, with a brighter shirt or one with a pattern I suggest a brown or black leather belt to add an element of simplicity and class to any outfit!
     6. The Headband: I couldn't do a post on accessories without talking about my love of headbands.  I have so many headbands that I have had to make a special place for them in my room!  I love them so much because they are the perfect accessory.  Regardless of how your hair looks, regardless of how much or how little time you spend on your hairstyle, putting a headband on with instantly make your hair look better.  My personal favorite headbands are the simple leather ones, perhaps with a bow on the side, but honestly any headband is preppy.  Just google Blair Waldorf for proof of that :)
Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory.” -Coco Chanel
Preppy Living (and accessorizing) Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment