Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lets Get Inducted!

Why hey there ya'll! Its National Honor Society Induction day, and in honor of all the lovely game day dress we are wearing today (Me: Navy blue Lilly Pulitzer Adelson Shift with Gold Lace/ matching gold Nina heels/ gold rings, heart necklace gold and pearl hoop earrings) I would like to do a post about casual dress up- prep style. Now of course I am wearing Lilly Pulitzer which I find is always a great option, but there are so many combinations and different preppy outfits that can be worn!  I have found that the most important part of an outfit is the shoes, so I will be posting a few of my favorites. (PS. The shoe numbers will correspond with the clothing numbers etc. so match them up for a fabulous outfit!)
 SHOES:
1. Tahari Lonnie Pump- Nude- My friend Hannah Browne has these shoes, and let me say they are ADORABLE!    
The Perfect Heel- Classy, Comfortable, and Versatile!

2. Tommy Hilfiger Tania Flat- These are beautiful!  As I was just told "These are Blair Waldorf meets Chuck Bass shoes!".  So of course I love them.  Wear them with black tights and let them really stand out.
Chuck: You know, they say that you love something you should set it free.
Blair: Uh! They say if you hate something you should slam the door in its face.
Chuck: I love it when you talk dirty Blair.
3. Jessica Simpson Alany Boot- I'm not a fan of boot with skirts or dresses, but for a few people I can make an exception.  For those of you who like the boots with skirts look, I present these beauties!
Perfectly Tall, No Painful Stiletto, And they're cute! Win!
DRESSES:

1. Finn Shift Pointe- It looks like something Elle Woods would wear.  Love <3
 2. Snowfall Sweater Dress- Vineyard Vines and Sweater? Comfort and Cute! PS. I like it in black best. Add black tights.

3. Knotical Printed Skirt- Its preppy. Its boat-y.  Its Vineyard Vines.  I wish it was mine. Wear with a white turtleneck and white tights- be white hot.
HEADBAND:
1. Don't leave that  perfect pink dress feeling all lonely!  Add some more color with a turquoise and white headband and it will look more lively than imaginable :)




2. Tie your outfit together from your head to your toes with a purple headband! Purple goes with anything and it is the color of royalty so be a queen in this headband:
3. Because you have such a simple and classic outfit keep your headband small and tie it in.  A simple brown leather headband will keep your look classy and preppy!

FOR THE BOYS:
All I have to say is wear a Oxford Button down shirt, some sort of colored khaki pant and Sperrys (or dress shoes) and they'll look great.  However to really stand out I have one simple suggestion- Dress like Chuck Bass (You'll have my eternal love!):

Blair: Are you happy now that you've humiliated both of us?
Chuck: It's in your own bloody hands, Lady Macbeth.
 
Hope this has given you some new preppy idea for the next time you have to dress up!
Preppy Living Everyone!









2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the section on boots love (: The ones you chose are adorbz, and although not the biggest prep at heart and opt for slouchy cowboys, it would take a long heated debate to convince me that these J. Crew riding boots are not prep:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Voib9o2wWuA/TOSD8PRb5RI/AAAAAAAABTM/Ri01QreT_1c/s1600/GH+riding+boots.JPG

    PS - I'm imagining the third with some white riding pants, a blue oxford button down, navy blazer, and lots of gold jewelry (all courtesy of J. Crew). Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, personally I think theyd look better with some jeans, oxford, blazer and gold jewlery :) Maybe something a la Kate Middleton?

    ReplyDelete