Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Realizations...

Hey Ya'll!  So I'm watching The Clique (I know, I know) and I just realized that I have a MAJOR Scarlett O'Hara complex!  What does that mean you may ask? Why it means that I want to be the best at everything, and don't care how much work it takes.  This realization came to me as I watched mean girl teen movies and realized that I identify the most with the determined, often mean ones!  Plus someone told me that I seemed like one of those girls from teen movies the other day- still not sure if that is a compliment or not... Anyways in honor of my teen movie queen aspirations here is  list of my favorites along with their best quotes :)
1. Regina George- who would forget the EPIC Regina George of Mean Girls Fame? 
Regina: Oh my God, I love your skirt! Where did you get it?
Lea Edwards: It was my mom's in the '80s.
Regina: Vintage, so adorable.
Lea Edwards: Thanks!
Regina: That is the ugliest f-ing skirt I've ever seen
2. Blair Waldorf- Gossip Girl. My addiction. Enough said.    
Blair: Pathetic! Suburban moralists in mom jeans. I'd pity them if I wasn't worried they'd spill orange soda on my Christian Louboutins.
3. Scarlett O'Hara- Okay, sure she didn't go to high school but I still want to be the teenage her!
Rhett Butler: You're like the thief who isn't the least bit sorry he stole, but is terribly, terribly sorry he's going to jail.
4. Elle Woods- Again not in high school, but Harvard and high school are just alike right?
Elle: Is that low-viscosity rayon? With a half-loop top stitching on the hem?
Saleswoman: Of course. It's one of a kind.
Elle: It's impossible to use a half-loop stitching on low-viscosity rayon. It would snag the fabric. And you didn't just get it in - I saw it in the June Vogue a year ago. So if you're trying to sell it to me for full price, you've picked the wrong girl. 5. Hillary Duff (Lizzie McGuire!!)- I will admit this was the first TV show I watched religiously.  I miss it so much!  Lizzie and her antics always made me smile, although my favorite character was always Kate! Kate and Ethan Craft just belong together!
Gordo: "I guess Kate does sortof give off some visual signals which imply a biologically nuturing capability."
Miranda: "We get it Gordo! She's stacked!"
Gordo: "Yes, yes she is!"
      AND
Lizzie: What would help you study?
Ethan: Cheerleaders.
Lizzie: OK, Cheerleaders, Ethan needs cheerleaders.
6. Last but NEVER least is Kim Possible-  Kim Possible was the last animated series I ever got into before I out grew them, but it may have been the best.  Teen cheerleader/ prom queen/ saving the world from Shego and Dr. Drakken?! Almost too much to bear.  Not to mention the fact that she dates a super sweet SMART guy with a pet naked mole rat (with its own RAP).  So not the drama...
Kim: Do you know what I really hate?
Shego: That your... date melted?
Kim: Nah... you.

Well that concludes this post.  Preppy (and teen queen) Living Yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment