Monday, November 29, 2010

Time for a New Coat!

I am obsessed with Pea Coats.  Honest to goodness obsessed.  Like I own 5 in Navy Blue, Black, Kelly Green, and White and Black Check obsessed.  This obsession has lead me to realize that many of my contemporaries are in great need of a hand when it comes to picking out this certain element of preppy !  So in the best interest of everyone who reads this blog I present my LIST TO PERFECT PEA COATS- The Top 5:

1. Victoria's Secret Wool Double Breasted Pea Coat.  Oh my goodness I just love this one- It is wool, so it will keep you warm no matter the temperature and it is red which is the perfect standout winter color! Did I mention it is on sale for $99?
2. Tommy Hilfiger Double Breasted Coat- Teal.  I love how different this color is!  Most pea coats are Navy Blue or Black and I just love it when I see an unusual color on a classic silhouette- it is innovative preppiness!
3.  Michael Kors Short Black Pea Coat.  Now for the classic.  A Black Pea Coat never goes out of style, so investing in a good one will keep you looking good for years to come!
4. Bird by Juicy Couture Wool-Blend Military Pea Coat.  Well yes this coat is expensive, but you get what you put into it!  Military inspired outerwear is always trendy and always classy, so give it a try! 

5. L.L. Bean Classic Lambswool Pea Coat in Camel. While camel is not as classic as black or navy, camel is just as wearable as these classics!  It is important to make sure that you can pull off camel colors though, pale people are often washed out by such colors. 

Regardless of whether you choose a classic pea coat or a more modern prep approach, choose one that is warm and well made. Trust me, you will use this piece of clothing for years to come and you will want to make a solid investment.  Enjoy! 
Preppy Living Ya'll!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment